Monitoring Exhibitor

Michal Kelner Mishali

Mar 21, 2017, 7:35:22 AM3/21/17
to exhibitor-users
Hey

I'm looking for some input on how to monitor (using metrics/logs) the exhibitor (not the zookeeper)
Has anyone done it ?
Did you use the API for that and also, where do I find the logs for the exhibitor itself?
I think I would like to monitor the health of the exhibitor (without going to the UI), whether all the processes are running as expected (such as log cleanup, backup, etc.)
Any ideas on how to do that ?

Thanks
Michal

Parker Gordon

Mar 21, 2017, 11:53:02 AM3/21/17
to exhibitor-users
Good question. I have a logged an issue currently to incorporate an overall "health" endpoint into Exhibitor that handles the health logic. However, by using the shared config(S3) options + an Auto Scaling Group in AWS with a Min/Max Instance size = n, you can set the "Health check endpoint" to the current Exhibitor or Zookeeper client port which should suffice. Let me know what you come up with.