GPL version of exFat license

Bexell, Andreas (Sony Mobile)

Oct 17, 2013, 8:30:17 AM10/17/13
to ex...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I would kindly like to ask you about the version of the GPL license applied to the exFAT tools. In the project homepage http://code.google.com/p/exfat/ , it says that the license is GLP v2, and looking at the COPYING file, it contains the GNU general public license v2. However, looking at the code, some files seem to actually use the GPL v3.

Has this changed recently? Is there any release solely licensed under v2?

Thank you!

Best regards

Andreas Bexell

Andrew Nayenko

Oct 17, 2013, 9:39:41 AM10/17/13
to exfat, Andreas...@sonymobile.com
Hi Andreas,

The code (trunk) was recently relicensed from GPLv3+ to GPLv2+ (I've
got permission from all contributors). All release versions (including
1.0.1) are under GPLv3+. If you find any files in svn trunk that are
still under GPLv3+ please let me know, it's just a technical mistake.

Do you need a release under GPLv2?
--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>

Bexell, Andreas (Sony Mobile)

Oct 17, 2013, 9:51:14 AM10/17/13
to Andrew Nayenko, exfat
Hi,

Thank you for your clarification. We don't need an explicit release and we will be happy if we can use the trunk under GPLv2.

Best regards
Andreas Bexell

Andrew Nayenko

Oct 17, 2013, 1:10:12 PM10/17/13
to Bexell, Andreas (Sony Mobile), exfat
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your clarification. We don't need an explicit release and we will be happy if we can use the trunk under GPLv2.

You can use trunk (since r367) under GPLv2 by all means. Let me know if
you have any issues.

> Best regards
> Andreas Bexell

Andreas Bexell

Mar 11, 2014, 9:28:52 AM3/11/14
to ex...@googlegroups.com, Bexell, Andreas (Sony Mobile)
Hi!

Thank you, and sorry for letting this rest for so long.