Fixing long filename error

origin...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2014, 10:31:00 PM12/12/14
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sometimes the disk mounted with exfat-fuse will crash because of too long filenames (Software caused connection abort + Transport endpoint not connected). That seems to typically happen with filenames in some foreign languages.

I found a fix that I adapted from a Japanese developer: http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=26807&p=653751#p653751

Although it is written on Wikipedia and other places that the maximum filename length is 255, apparently it seems as if it's 260, and fixing this seems to fix the error.

Do you think this change could be incorporated?

Best regards,
Robin

Andrew Nayenko

Dec 17, 2014, 3:45:41 PM12/17/14
to ex...@googlegroups.com, origin...@gmail.com
Hi,

Sorry for late reply, the wise Google moved your email to spam.

The patch at the link (changing EXFAT_NAME_MAX) is incorrect. In exFAT
each path component can be 256 chars max due to 8-bit length field.

I've fixed a bug with long filenames in fuse-exfat 1.1. Upgrade if you
use an earlier version. If you experience the bug at 1.1 please send me
an example of a filename.
--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>