[ANNOUNCE] fuse-exfat & exfat-utils 1.2.0

Andrew Nayenko

Aug 26, 2015, 6:20:42 AM8/26/15
to ex...@googlegroups.com
The new major version is here! Well, not as major as previous ones, but
it brings important changes for package maintainers.

The project is now hosted at GitHub (https://github.com/relan/exfat).
I'm also going to shut down this Google Group soon, so please file
issues here: https://github.com/relan/exfat/issues If you don't have a
GitHub account (and don't want to create one) you can contact me
directly via email: resver at gmail dot com.

I've switched from SCons to autotools. I hope this transition won't be
very painful for packages maintainers. Feedback is welcome.

FreeBSD support is somewhat missing because libublio, exfat-utils and
fusefs-exfat ports lack maintainers. If you wish to keep exFAT support
in FreeBSD it's time to pick them up.

Download links:

https://github.com/relan/exfat/releases/download/v1.2.0/fuse-exfat-1.2.0.tar.gz

https://github.com/relan/exfat/releases/download/v1.2.0/exfat-utils-1.2.0.tar.gz

Changes between 1.1.1 and 1.2.0:

* Switched from SCons to autotools.
* Added musl libc support [Brendan Heading].
* Worked around "FS is larger than device" error for memory cards
formatted by Panasonic Lumix cameras.
* Worked around "unknown entry type 0xe1" error for memory cards
formatted by Sony cameras.

--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>

--