Unable to mount exFAT partition anymore

Sourabh

Aug 13, 2012, 3:43:16 PM8/13/12
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Hi!
I have an exFAT partition shared between Windows (7 home) and Ubuntu (11.10). I am not able to mount it anymore, though. The error I get is "Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 1: ERROR: real size does not equal to size (0 != 4083007488)."

I would really appreciate if you can tell me a way out.

-Sourabh

Andrew Nayenko

Aug 13, 2012, 4:07:42 PM8/13/12
to ex...@googlegroups.com, Sourabh
Hi Sourabh,

Could you send me the compressed dump of this partition?
--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>

pete...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2012, 12:44:18 PM12/20/12
to ex...@googlegroups.com, Sourabh

ERROR: real size does not equal to size (0 != 7866472). i keep getting error am running ubuntu 12.04. how do i retrive the compressed dump so i can send it to u?

Andrew Nayenko

Dec 20, 2012, 2:03:50 PM12/20/12
to ex...@googlegroups.com, pete...@gmail.com, Sourabh
Hi,

Did you use your exFAT volume under Windows? If so, this might be
because of pagefile.sys. Boot to Windows and disable pagefile for the
exFAT volume. This article describes how to customize pagefile setting:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-size-of-virtual-memory

If this is not the case, try the latest fuse-exfat from svn. At least it
will tell which file fails the check.

--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>
Message has been deleted

Andrew Nayenko

Nov 8, 2013, 3:39:48 AM11/8/13
to tnt...@gmail.com, exfat
Hi Terry,

> I am NOT going to try and re-create this problem to prove anything. All I
> know is that I'm pretty sure deleting the culprit file fixed my problem. I
> have already spent TOO much time on it, so I'll leave it to the experts to
> determine the feasibilities and calculate the probabilities. ;) Hope the
> ramblings of this deranged mind can help someone out who is beating their
> head up against the wall like I WAS last night..

Such feedback is very valuable because it helps to estimate how many
people are affected by a problem. Looks like pagefile.sys issue as a
real pain for quite a lot of users. I'll see what can be done to make
it just work. Thanks for letting me know.

--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>

Andrew Nayenko

Nov 11, 2013, 3:23:22 PM11/11/13
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've committed (r387) a fix for
`pagefile.sys' real size does not equal to size
error. Now volumes with pagefile should just work.

crip...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2014, 6:48:20 AM11/20/14
to ex...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, your solution solved my problem. The strange thing id that I had been using for months my exfat partition both in linux and windows and never got any problem, till some random day I got that error. Just disabled the page file in windows and worked.