license

Pow, Christopher (SWCOE)

May 8, 2015, 1:08:43 PM5/8/15
to ex...@googlegroups.com

How does this work around the MS license? Or does it? Would I still need to worry about MS if I use this? Thanks!

Andrew Nayenko

May 12, 2015, 7:37:07 AM5/12/15
to exfat, Christo...@honeywell.com
Hi Christopher,

> How does this work around the MS license? Or does it? Would I still need to
> worry about MS if I use this? Thanks!

There are two different things: copyright and patents. This project
has no code from Microsoft. It's an original work, so it does not
infringe anyone's copyright.

As to patents, you don't need to worry if the country you live does
not recognize US patents (that's my case, for example). Otherwise I'd
recommend to consult your local lawyer.

Even if you are a US resident, I doubt that Microsoft will sue
individuals for using alternative exFAT implementations.

--
Andrew Nayenko <res...@gmail.com>