Keyboards?

Scott Miller

May 2, 2014, 3:53:09 PM5/2/14
to exerti...@googlegroups.com
So, does anyone know where to find a keyboard like the ones on the Exertion site?

DIY DSP

Mar 27, 2015, 9:28:15 PM3/27/15
to exerti...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Scottage!

The keyboard switches I used to make the Electric Eels on http://exertion.pbworks.com have a mysterious history to them.  I bought them at an auction of the former belongings of Kevin "FrostByte" McCormick (http://www.universalhub.com/node/2484 and http://web.mit.edu/neltnerb/www/artwork/applications.html) who passed away suddenly.

They were extremely smooth and well-suited for a musical instrument.  I have been unable to find identical replacements.  However, I have been collecting information on the similar Cherry MX switches which are commonly
used by hobbyists to make custom keyboards.  Some of them have very soft feels and short travels.

I have not completed a new keyboard with them, but it is under development.  Please check in at http://exertion.pbworks.com/w/page/12085538/Synth%20Controls from time to time.

-DIYDSP