How to Log in to MS-SQL server 2008

Pallab Bhattacharya

Feb 21, 2015, 1:46:13 PM2/21/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am running a MS SQL server 2008, and want to connect from same system, can anyone please help me with the JDBC URL string and which .jar files needs to added in Drivers tab ?

Also want to know how to get the database name.

Current configuration is "windows authentication mode" and it works perfectly fine with Management studio.

Regards,
Pallab

Takis Diakoumis

Feb 23, 2015, 6:47:35 AM2/23/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

try the free jtds driver from here:

the docs here http://jtds.sourceforge.net/faq.html include some info on uses windows authentication.

perhaps just enter details in the JDBC URL field on the connection tab only after setting up the driver.
for example:

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://[host]:[port]/[database];domain=[windows-auth-domain]

substituting the correct relevant values.

let me know how you go.

thanks
Takis

Pallab Bhattacharya

Feb 24, 2015, 1:11:23 PM2/24/15
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Takis,

Thanks for quick reply, it worked !! Thanks for providing the pointers :)

Regards,
PAllab