How to change later (!) the MySQL JDBC Driver Connector for an existing Connection?

Ben S.

Sep 24, 2018, 1:02:23 AM9/24/18
to Execute Query
Assume I setup a connection to a MySQL DB. I assigned successfully the MySQL Driver Connector mysql-connector-java-5.1.47-bin.jar to this connection.
It works.

Now I downloaded a newer MySQL Driver Connector mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar and want to replace/edit the current assignment for the JDBC driver.

I miss an entry "Edit JDBC driver" in Database Connection Properties

Do I really have to define a new JDBC driver?

How do I delete the old definition?

Ben

Takis Diakoumis

Sep 24, 2018, 2:03:46 AM9/24/18
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hello

you can actually just point to your new jar file in the driver properties panel.
so where the paths are listed, highlight the existing one and click remove. then add the new one normally.
that should be it.

check the shot below as a reference:

Screenshot from 2018-09-24 16-02-35.png

let me know how you go, or if there is anything further.

thanks
Takis