AbstractmethodError: isClosed()Z is abstract

Taeho Jeong

Jan 8, 2017, 8:46:10 PM1/8/17
to Execute Query
when I try to connect sybase or oracle, I got the same error:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method com/sybase/jdbc3/jdbc/SybResultSet.isClosed()Z is abstract

or

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleResultSetImpl.isClosed()Z is abstract

same and same again.

how can I fix it?

Takis Diakoumis

Jan 11, 2017, 6:36:49 AM1/11/17
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hello

i haven't noted this before, i'll have a look and get back to you.

in the meantime, what drivers and versions are you using?

thanks
Takis

Taeho Jeong

Jan 15, 2017, 8:04:02 PM1/15/17
to Execute Query
I'm trying to use executeQuery 4.3.3 and the drivers:

ojdbc14(.jar), jconnect-6.0(.jar)

Is there anything should be changed?

thanks
Taeho

2017년 1월 9일 월요일 오전 10시 46분 10초 UTC+9, Taeho Jeong 님의 말:

Takis Diakoumis

Jan 19, 2017, 5:59:27 AM1/19/17
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

can you please set logging to debug in the system preferences and cut/paste the complete stack trace.

thank you :)

Taeho Jeong

Jan 22, 2017, 8:08:29 PM1/22/17
to Execute Query
hi,

It seems nothing is changed since I set the debugging setting.

The trace is : (when I try to connect to oracle db)

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleResultSetImpl.isClosed()Z is abstract
  at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.isClosed(OracleResultSetImpl.java)
  at org.executequery.gui.resultset.ResultSetTableModel.isOpenAndValid(ResultSetTableModel.java:386)
  at org.executequery.gui.resultset.ResultSetTableModel.createTable(ResultSetTableModel.java:141)
  at org.executequery.gui.browser.DataTypesPanel.setDataTypes(DataTypesPanel.java:98)
  at org.executequery.gui.browser.HostPanel.updateDatabaseYypeInfo(HostPanel.java:233)
  at org.executequery.gui.browser.HostPanel.changePanelData(HostPanel.java:256)
  at org.executequery.gui.browser.HostPanel.access$000(HostPanel.java:53)
  at org.executequery.gui.browser.HostPanel$1.run(HostPanel.java:275)
  at.org.underworldlabs.swing.GUIUtils$2.construct(GUIUtils.java:244)
  at.org.underworldlabs.swing.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:130)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and anyway, it success to connect to the db and query editor tab is opened.

so when I try to execute any sample query, I see :

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleResultSetImpl.isClosed()Z is abstract
  at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.isClosed(OracleResultSetImpl.java)
  at org.executequery.gui.resultset.ResultSetTableModel.isOpenAndValid(ResultSetTableModel.java:386)
  at org.executequery.gui.resultset.ResultSetTableModel.createTable(ResultSetTableModel.java:141)
  at org.executequery.gui.resultset.ResultSetTableModel.<init>(ResultSetTableModel.java:105)
  at org.executequery.gui.editor.QueryEditorResultsPanel.setResultSet(QueryEditorResultsPanel.java:360)
  at org.executequery.gui.editor.QueryEditor.setResultSet(QueryEditor.java:716)
  at org.executequery.gui.editor.QueryEditorDelegate.setResultSet(QueryEditorDelegate.java:207)
  at org.executequery.sql.QueryDispatcher.setResultSet(QueryDispatcher.java:791)
  at org.executequery.sql.QueryDispatcher.executeSQL(QueryDispatcher.java:489)
  at org.executequery.sql.QueryDispatcher.access$000(QueryDispatcher.java:51)
  at.org.executequery.sql.QueryDispatcher$1.construct(QueryDispatcher.java:222)
  at.org.underworldlabs.swing.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:130)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

and when I disconnect the connection, It shows no errors.

thank you!

2017년 1월 19일 목요일 오후 7시 59분 27초 UTC+9, Takis Diakoumis 님의 말:

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Taeho Jeong <glass...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm trying to use executeQuery 4.3.3 and the drivers:

ojdbc14(.jar), jconnect-6.0(.jar)

Is there anything should be changed?

thanks
Taeho

2017년 1월 9일 월요일 오전 10시 46분 10초 UTC+9, Taeho Jeong 님의 말:
when I try to connect sybase or oracle, I got the same error:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method com/sybase/jdbc3/jdbc/SybResultSet.isClosed()Z is abstract

or

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: Method oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleResultSetImpl.isClosed()Z is abstract

same and same again.

how can I fix it?

Takis Diakoumis

Jan 25, 2017, 1:02:34 AM1/25/17
to execut...@googlegroups.com
thank you for this. i'm checking the oracle driving now... but it sounds like its not actually affecting how it works.

if thats the case, and some recent change in the ora driver is doing this, i may just quieten down the stack.

thanks
Takis

Takis Diakoumis

Jan 25, 2017, 1:21:16 AM1/25/17
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

i just re-read the thread and noticed you're using the 1.4 driver - its very old.

using either the ojdbc7_g or ojdbc6_g (java 6 or 7+) should work ok.

i just connected and executed some random things against oracle11 using both those drivers and it was fine.

can you try again using one of those - you can download them from oracle.

let me know how that goes.

thanks
Takis