Fuzzy text on Retina Displays

Braveheart

Mar 18, 2014, 2:16:32 PM3/18/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
Hi I am running ExecuteQuery on Macbook Pro with Retina display, using JRE 1.6. However, all text is very fuzzy.
Is there a way work around this?

Thank you

Screenshot 2014-03-18 11.14.56.png

Takis Diakoumis

Mar 18, 2014, 5:08:47 PM3/18/14
to execut...@googlegroups.com
hi

thanks for posting this.

i don't have access to a retina display mac - but, i have done some preliminary investigation that came up with a couple of things to try. i'm not certain that it will work.

can you please add the following to the Info.plist file in Application/Execute Query

    <key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
    <string>True</string>

add the above to the end of the key/value pair list before the <dict> entry. i will add this to the installer for the next version too.

i can see you are using java6 - there was a bug reported in java7 here: http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=8000629  that may have afflicted earlier versions. this is apparently resolved in later java7 versions from oracle. you may want to try updating if the first option doesn't work.

please let me know how you go.i will keep looking at this - my lack of access to a retina mac makes a little difficult but i'll help where i can (and i'll try and locate one)

thanks
Takis

http://executequery.org

Gerald Sebor

Feb 11, 2016, 4:38:11 AM2/11/16
to Execute Query
Hi,

is there already as solution for high resultions displays?
My Lenovo Yoga 3 runs with a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 and it is nearly impossible to work with executequery as everything is so small (see the screenshot).

Thx for support!
Gerald
ExecuteQueryScreen.png