Alexithymia research in Oxford and London

Philip

Jul 5, 2017, 4:47:39 AM7/5/17
to Alexithymia Exchange
Hello!

Our research team is studying the relationship between bodily awareness and emotional awareness and we really need some more alexithymic participants based near London or Oxford!

The study is being run by King's College London and is investigating the relationship between bodily awareness (interoception) emotional awareness (alexithymia) and language. You are probably well aware what alexithymia is, and we are particularly interested in how it relates to interoception because it has been suggested that alexithymia is actually better characterised as a general interceptive failure.

The study consists of an interview that lasts approximately 1.5 hours where you will be asked to carry out some simple tasks to measure bodily awareness and language. You would be compensated for your time at a rate of £10 per hour.

If you live in the London or Oxford areas it would be really great to have you involved in the research. To check if you are eligible there is a short screening questionnaire found here: www.tinyurl.com/emotionawareness

If you are eligible, I will get in touch with you so we can arrange a suitable date and location for the interview.

Please do feel free to contact me with any questions, and I hope you consider taking part! Many believe alexithymia has the potential to be very useful clinically but a lot more work needs to be done before this can happen, you could be part of this work!

Best wishes,

Philip Pope
University of Oxford

Hannah Hobson
King's College London

Ethics code: RESCMR-16/17-2170

Permission received for this post by forum owner Triton

Julieta Fuentes

Jul 5, 2017, 7:31:54 AM7/5/17
to exchang...@googlegroups.com
I do not live in England, sorry. Please tell me if I can be of any help. Luck with your research it is much needed

Julieta
Enviado desde mi iPhone