The First iPhone to Help Us Connect With Innermost Emotions

Triton

Dec 9, 2010, 5:22:57 PM12/9/10
to Alexithymia Exchange
Noticed this online today, FWIW:

The First iPhone App With Feelings
Developers Help Us Connect With Innermost Emotions

Over 700 categorized emotions
Quote start“I find the Feeling Now app to be innovative and helpful.
It’s a great tool to help people ID and track their feelings,” said M.
Hoffer M.D. B.Sc (Med), F.R.C.P. (C) Dip.Ch. Psych, Diplomate,
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.Quote end

Toronto ON (PRWEB) December 9, 2010

Feeling Now is a unique, new iPhone App available for purchase online
at the iTunes App Store. Feeling Now enables users to identify,
monitor and record their feelings at any given moment, as often as
they wish, throughout the day. The easy-to-use App that encompasses
more than 700 distinct emotions provides the simple tools and
emotional vocabulary to help pinpoint even the most elusive feelings
that might be concealed in one’s subconscious. The App was developed
by the company’s President, social entrepreneur, Robert Pal, in
collaboration with Helen Valeau, author and supervising teacher at
Hoffman Institute of Canada.

Feeling Now allows the user to determine when and how often they would
like to be asked, “What are you feeling?” A categorized and
comprehensive list of feelings on the Emotional Wheel prompts the user
to make their selection. The user is also provided with the option to
record a Journal Entry that documents what they are feeling at that
very moment, as well as where in their body they are experiencing that
specific emotion. The Journal can be viewed at any time, and even
emailed.

Professionals in the medical and psychiatric communities define
Alexithymia as a state of deficiency in understanding, processing or
describing emotions, which can have serious consequences. More than 8%
of the population suffer from this ailment. Feeling Now was designed
to facilitate the ability to become more self-aware and connected to
one’s feelings. Increased ability to recognize and express emotions
has been proven to be instrumental in achieving inner peace,
fulfillment and happiness.

“I find the Feeling Now app to be innovative and helpful. It’s a great
tool to help people ID and track their feelings,” said M. Hoffer M.D.
B.Sc (Med), F.R.C.P. (C) Dip.Ch. Psych, Diplomate, American Board of
Psychiatry and Neurology.

Eckhart Tolle, the world famous spiritual teacher, and #1 New York
Times bestselling author espouses this profound concept. He said,
“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have. Make the
Now the primary focus of your life.”

Feeling Now enables users to experience their emotions in the present,
as opposed to focusing on the past or future. By being emotionally
present and aware of what we are feeling now, we gain the opportunity
to improve our mental and physical health.

For More Information Contact:
Helen Valleau
Vice President
Feeling Now Inc.
416.694.1767
helen(at)ayearofpossibilities.com
http://www.itunes.com/apps/feelingnow

sparx104

Dec 9, 2010, 7:50:16 PM12/9/10
to Alexithymia Exchange
Interesting. I'd wondered about something like this before but it
ultimately failed due to not really being able to quantify what I
"feel" much beyond "crap"/"not crap". Would maybe be a useful tool
if, unlike me, you have some idea, just not a very clear one.

For those who don't have an iPhone, here's the start of something
similar:

http://tinyurl.com/36tjpj6

If you want/would find it useful to be able to record your answers,
have a desktop version (which randomly prompts you to answer "how are
you feeling") or a Java mobile version just ask and I'll sort it.

Also, here's another list of "words for emotions" I found whist
finding the list at the above link:

http://tinyurl.com/38xwfb6

Triton

Dec 9, 2010, 7:58:17 PM12/9/10
to Alexithymia Exchange
Hi Sparx,

I concluded the same as you- it is of course impossible to record
feelings if the person cannot identify them.

Nevertheless, I'm wondering if the device can help improve one's
skills simply by frequent guessing of whilsh emotions are at play? I
wouldnt want to overstate the possibilities here other than to suggest
that it may be possible to go from crap/not-crap to maybe knowing 20
shades of crap? Of course thats not anywhere near 700 shades of
emotion but would be an increase.

Again, not wanting to be naieve about the possibilities as there may
be none.

Triton

Triton

Dec 9, 2010, 8:01:17 PM12/9/10
to Alexithymia Exchange
more..... these kinds of 'guess your current emotion' tests have been
around for a while, but the difference with an iPhone application is
that it is carried in a pocket or handbag everywhere we go, making the
assessment tool more available in more situations we face. Does that
make a difference/improvment from online tests.... I don't know.

Triton

Mimosa UK

Aug 21, 2019, 7:38:27 AM8/21/19
to Alexithymia Exchange
Hi. Has anyone seen or used the APP my emotional compass cost £3.99? I got a few days ago... handy as you can log an event anytime and then start adding feelings that went with event. The compass helps you if you can’t think of your own. Compass is four categories: high or low energy, unpleasant and pleasant. So it prompts you to think of where your feelings fit into four basic categories and you can add your own if you can think of any! I printed out a feelings sheet with about 300 different feelings which I can use if I can’t think of any myself. Obviously that’s not something I am get out on the bus but you can add to your event afterwards. It logs them on a timeline and dates them. Developed by researchers over 4 years. Only just started using it but even if you don’t know what you feel (previous posts good question) it draws your attention to events that evoked something and brings your attention to what you could be feeling. Good for me as I think I can go for king periods without being mindful of my feelings.
Be interested to know if anyone else uses it and what you think?