FDA Deems MDMA, Banned Since 1985, a 'Breakthrough Therapy'

Triton

Sep 1, 2017, 5:47:56 PM9/1/17
to Alexithymia Exchange

Taylor McClure

Sep 1, 2017, 5:51:11 PM9/1/17
to exchang...@googlegroups.com
This is something that should be investigated thoroughly on a quantum level. Chemical per chemical. -someone who fell in love with a girl whom had alexithymia.

CalebC

Sep 5, 2017, 9:10:33 AM9/5/17
to Alexithymia Exchange
This may have relevance to secondary Alexithymia if the Alex is trying to sort through the event that caused the blockage.  From the end of the article:

>MDMA seems to facilitate psychotherapy for PTSD by promoting trust and enabling people to confront traumatic memories without the overwhelming fear they would ordinarily experience.

This isn't usually an issue for Alexes since there is no fear response aside from the physical response.  Bonding or developing trust with a therapist is generally a conscious choice one way or the other due to how we interact with others.  If anything, the opposite type of compound might work better.  A suppressant like Xanax or similar that suppresses the physical response might have the most positive impact for Alexes.

>This is something that should be investigated thoroughly on a quantum level. Chemical per chemical. -someone who fell in love with a girl whom had alexithymia.

There are efforts to do just that, but we are a long way off technologically from being able to meaningfully predict how even one chemical will act in a biological environment at a quantum level of theory.  We can approximate it and make informed guesses, but even that stresses the limits of what we can do.

Taylor McClure

Sep 5, 2017, 4:24:57 PM9/5/17
to exchang...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you for the most part kind sir. Technology is there but it's just stressing theory for now. And nothing can be concluded on that note.
While I have done mdma (at least real one time or so) while heavily depressed and I believe it to give a fake demeanor of happiness.
Whereas psilocybin can procreate that happiness. It also derives a split in the cycle that is depression and I think can aid to alexithymia. Aka..forcing some reaction via neurons being acted. Source for this is the college at London sorry for non specifics.
And for the culture of psilocybin and what it can do you may refer to Terrence McKenna. Please to whom anyone who probably thinks I'm just that dope head don't I am in college and studying often electrical engi.