information I want to share

Julieta Fuentes

Jun 1, 2020, 7:32:59 PM6/1/20
to exchang...@googlegroups.com
Hi.  Alexes  often do not sense tastes or smells, or very mildly, which was my case.

Eventually,  learned  that sauerkraut (fermented cabbage) would be good for some ailment that I have, so I started preparing it and eating it every day.  To my great astonishment, I STARTED FEELING WHAT FOOD TASTES LIKE AND EXPERIENCING SMELLS!  This stops when I do not eat sauerkraut for, say, a couple of weeks.

I wanted to share my experience in case anyone wants to try it out.  It is  really great to let good chocolate melt in your mouth and sense its exquisite flavor, for instance.  Give it a try, sauerkraut is good for your body, anyway.  It goes well with salads, meats, legumes and even eggs in breakfast.

Take care.  Julieta

Enviado desde mi iPad

El 19/08/2015, a la(s) 15:24, 'Triton' via Alexithymia Exchange <exchang...@googlegroups.com> escribió:

BBC article 'What Is It Like To Have Never Felt An Emotion?' was released today:
http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150818-what-is-it-like-to-have-never-felt-an-emotion

I'm curious, what did we all think of it - does the author do a good job of describing alexithymia, or is your experience of it different?

kurokawa8

Jul 4, 2020, 1:41:11 AM7/4/20
to Alexithymia Exchange
@relieved

So glad to hear about your success. Your food ideas are mirrored by the Weston A Price Foundation guidelines on optimal nutrition.

With regards to intestinal bacteria there are more avenues one might explore.

For those with intestinal issues I'd refine the idea with the FODMAP diet.  I have bloating and intestinal upset that was resolved with the FODMAP diet, which essentially starves a certain intestinal bacteria.  It results in less bloating and intestinal upset.  Your doctor might also clear you for a test for SIBO which could help even more.