Shift Calculation

Santosh Singh

May 15, 2015, 3:07:53 AM5/15/15
to excelvb...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I need to calculate the shift timing for different departments working for over time. Kindly review below scenarios and assist me to do the correct calculations.

total hours for one working shift are 8. and fix cost for one shift is 400 rs.

Scenario#1: if 4 departments worked over time for 8 hours each then need to distribute 400 equally and will bill 100 rs for each department on prorata basis.
Scenario#2: if 2 departments (D1 & D2) done overtime for 8 hrs (D1) & 4 hr (D2) then shift charge will be 300 for D1 and 100 for D2. See below for the calculations.
calculation: both the departments D1 & D2 worked together for 4 hrs, hence charges for 4 hrs will be distributed to each i.e 100 & 100, and next 4 hrs only D1 worked so 200 will be billed to D1. by this D1 needs to pay 100+200 = 300 and D2 needs to pay 100.

More Scenarios: if there are more then two processes are doing overtime work then they needs to bill prorata basis as per above scenarios.

Below is the calculation which i have done but answers seems incorrect:

I would request you to review and assist me to get the correct calculations through ms excel.

Thanks you.

Best Regards,
Santosh Singh