Black Submarine (new music from ex-Verve members, the good ones)

已查看 6 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ajay Sharma

未读,
2013年10月24日 17:27:562013/10/24
收件人 excellen...@googlegroups.com

So Nick McCabe and Simon Jones teamed up with some other guys (and a girl) to make a new band called "Black Ships".  They changed the name to "Black Submarines" and have some new music out on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/blacksubmarine-2

What's odd is that after the song is done, the music keeps playing with a bunch of songs that I've never heard.  I don't know if it's the other parts of their upcoming album or live stuff or other artists.

Does this happen to anyone else?

--Ajay

Lisa Y. Garibay

未读,
2013年10月24日 17:29:032013/10/24
收件人 excellen...@googlegroups.com
Hooray, Nick is back! Let's do another interview!
(And yes, that happens to me on Soundcloud quite often. Not sure why or what to do about it.)

Ajay Sharma

未读,
2013年10月25日 13:20:522013/10/25
收件人 excellen...@googlegroups.com
Oh god.  I can't even go back to that Nick interview.  So many cringe moments (for me).

And soundcloud apparently just turns into a radio station playing random tracks after it's over.  The artist/track info is in the title of the web page, it's not as obvious as it should be.

--Ajay

Mike McCann

未读,
2013年10月25日 13:32:132013/10/25
收件人 excellen...@googlegroups.com
This is the infamous "Ajay's a tosspot" interview?  :)

Ajay Sharma

未读,
2013年10月25日 13:54:492013/10/25
收件人 excellen...@googlegroups.com
No no... Nick never called me a tosspot.  He was very nice and cool to even do the interview with a dopy kid like me.

The tosspot thing was a clip on radio1 where "someone" from Verve called me a tosspot for putting the urban hymns tracklisting on my site.  I just happened to list the bonus track title, "Deep Freeze", which they were annoyed at.  (Fun Fact: Their first release after getting back together was called "The Thaw Sessions".  Oh yeah, people love me at parties.)

When I went to England to interview Nick, we actually met up the day before Lisa and the tape recorder showed up and I asked him about the tosspot thing.  He said that they were just annoyed that the information was out there.  They just wanted it to be a surprise for fans to hear this bonus track.  It kinda sums up the whole "uncontrollable element" notion of the site.  I was this kid in California that was just posting everything Verve and they wanted to control it.  They could've just emailed me beforehand and I would've posted official information.  But everything was so new, they just thought I was like a version of TMZ dedicated to only Verve news.

I miss those wild-west days of the early internet.  It's all so controlled with marketing plans and it all reads like a formal press release.

--Ajay

Joseph Whitcher

未读,
2013年10月28日 12:56:092013/10/28
收件人 excellen...@googlegroups.com

It kind of reminds me of something from the 90s... I can't put my finger on it. I'm intrigued.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子