still listening

Christian G. Warden

May 2, 2018, 11:16:51 AM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
What are you listening to lately?

I've mostly been discovering bands that have been around a while, or
have already disbanded. Recently, been listening to The Amazing,
Redjetson, Foxing, Small Leaks Sink Ships.

Christian

Brian Trost

May 2, 2018, 11:51:13 AM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
YAY. An Excellent email!

What have been listen too?

Over the last 5 years, I've been so happy that there was been a Shoegaze revival.

So my list:
Ringo Deathstarr
No Joy
Lazy Legs
Cherry Wave
Deafcult
Lowtide
Fleeting Joys
Flyying Colours
Fever Dream
Beaches
Wild Nothing
Blankenberge
Weekend

Also, I've rediscovered how great Disco Inferno are.

Bernadette Gilbey

May 2, 2018, 12:13:28 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Thought I was seeing a ghost! Oh Excellent how I've missed you.

currently patiently awaiting the release of the new Miles Kane album but feel that's on the other side of summer. Also enjoying the sounds of Sunriser, friend from Toronto fronted that band and downloaded the albums when their label was doing a fundraiser and damn it if isn't some catchy tunes. Makes me sad that they are no longer together.

-Berny

Liam

May 2, 2018, 12:57:32 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Ahmad Jamal
The The
Kali’s Johann Grobe
Ebo Taylor
Boogarins
Nils Frahm
Photay

Xo from Canada!
Best
Liam
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to excellent-onli...@googlegroups.com.

Liam

May 2, 2018, 1:21:09 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Klaus Johann Grobe (damn autocorrect!)

Philip Stewart-Bowes

May 2, 2018, 1:22:29 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com

An Excellent e-mail, this is very exciting :)

On the shoegaze front, I’ve been listening to:

Pia Fraus - they’ve been around for many years but I only recently discovered them.  They have a deep catalogue of quality records, with some interesting mixes and collaborations with Ulrich Schnauss, Teenage Fanclub, Lightships, Future Pilot AKA, and others.

Air Formation - signed to Club AC30, they have a new album out, produced by Pat Collier

Southpacific - this is a shameless plug for my band - check out our albums “33” and “Constance”, both available on Spotify, Apple Music, etc.

...and some other bands I’ve been listening to:

Beach Fossils
Castlebeat
Tennis System
DIIV (I love “Is The Is Are”, one of my favourite albums of the last few years)
Kestrels
Fazerdaze
Beverly

...and some upcoming albums that I’m looking forward to:

Swervedriver - new album being mixed now!
Jon Hopkins - Singularity
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Hope Downs
The Sea and Cake - Any Day
Beach House - 7
CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead

Phil

Mike McCann

May 2, 2018, 1:38:50 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Brian you should add Fazerdaze, Sunflower Bean and Alvvays to your list, if you're not already familiar...not pure shoegaze, but I suspect they'll each please you. Also worth looking at most of Yuck's albums...

Mike McCann

May 2, 2018, 1:40:26 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Haha, I see Phil beat me to the Fazerdaze shout-out.  :)

This feels GOOD. Odd, after so much time, but good!

Brian Trost

May 2, 2018, 1:46:10 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Air Formation! That new LP is Great!

Brian Trost

May 2, 2018, 1:51:02 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mike,

All have something to listen this afternoon.

The other thing I'm crazy about is the LP from Rev Rev Rev,

Sound like a heavy cross between MBV and Loop.

Grizzly Gator

May 2, 2018, 6:28:30 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

Brian Trost, as always, I trust your opinion on all of these!

Sent from my iPhone

Jason Paris

May 2, 2018, 11:14:21 PM5/2/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
In no particular order at all, here’s a list of stuff that I’ve really enjoyed these last few years…
  • Rostam
  • MGMT
  • Slyvan Esso
  • SZA
  • A.A.L.
  • Superorganism
  • BØRNS
  • Ionalee
  • Slowdive
  • Alvvays
  • Bicep
  • Chad Valley
  • The XX
  • Fever Ray
  • Jacques Greene
  • Jesus & Mary Chain
  • Petite Biscuit
  • Ride

Charles P.

May 3, 2018, 3:34:27 PM5/3/18
to excellen...@googlegroups.com

Nice timing, good thing I checked my junk folder....I was actually looking at the website a few months back. Sent a message to Ajay, never got a response....

Turns out I started The Indieshop up again last year, would love if those on the list have a listen and offer any thoughts. Just uploaded an all covers special.

https://www.mixcloud.com/indieshop

indieshop.diagoro.net

As for recent favorites;

The Big Moon