so what's everyone been up to?

Ajay Sharma

Mar 5, 2021, 8:59:48 PM3/5/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
I'm also surprised that this list is still alive!

So what's everyone up to?  Any excellent-related highlights in the past
several years since the last time someone accidentally posted to this list?

Mine was seeing flying out to England in the fall of 2019 to see the
Adorable reunion.  Great shows, great band, just a wonderful experience
all around!

--Ajay

bernadet...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2021, 9:22:58 PM3/5/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Awww I haven’t thought about Excellent in years! Was just reminded from Ticketmaster UK about the yet again rescheduled Martin Rossiter show.

> On Mar 5, 2021, at 17:59, Ajay Sharma <ajayro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm also surprised that this list is still alive!

rufu...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2021, 10:53:42 PM3/5/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Not really an Excellent act, but I just got home from a sort of release party for Har Mar Superstar's new album Roseville. It was in the parking lot of the Har Mar Mall, which is in Roseville. At least a hundred people showed up, picked up some pizza and streamed the record at the same time from their cars. Masks and social distancing were in place it was a warm for early March night. It started when someone made a joke about doing this on Twitter about a week ago and turned into a weird, fun night out. His new record is fantastic, btw. Big 70s/80s pop vibes.

Awww I haven’t thought about Excellent in years! Was just reminded from Ticketmaster UK about the yet again rescheduled Martin Rossiter show.

> On Mar 5, 2021, at 17:59, Ajay Sharma <ajayro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm also surprised that this list is still alive!
>
> So what's everyone up to?  Any excellent-related highlights in the past
> several years since the last time someone accidentally posted to this list?
>
> Mine was seeing flying out to England in the fall of 2019 to see the
> Adorable reunion.  Great shows, great band, just a wonderful experience
> all around!
>
> --Ajay
>
> --

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/excellent-online/439B7203-AB11-4B39-B23C-6E04F7F013F1%40gmail.com.

Philip Stewart-Bowes

Mar 5, 2021, 11:09:15 PM3/5/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com

Hey Ajay,

I went to the Adorable reunion shows too!  Made a fairly last-minute decision to go, and was so glad I did!  It didn’t even occur to me to post to excellent to see who else was going, dammit.  Funny thing is, I live in Toronto and I met two other people from Toronto there too, now both good friends - I only had to fly over the Atlantic to meet them!

It was such a great time, I never saw Adorable first time around and I had regretted it all those years until the reunion shows.  Met so many other great people at the shows, and Robert and Pete too!   Hopefully we’ll get the chance to travel to see live music again soon...

Phil

SevenKAK

Mar 6, 2021, 9:23:02 AM3/6/21
to Excellent Online
so fun getting an unexpected excellent email on a saturday morning! i've been enjoying the occasional livestreamed UK event (eg, mark morriss & adam devlin from the bluetones playing the clapham grand). i was also lucky enough to be vacationing in london in 2019 and caught ride playing the moth club. such a good gig...

cheers,
karen

Kenneth Hooper

Mar 6, 2021, 11:25:02 AM3/6/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Hey Ajay!!!!

Sent from my techno device. If there are typos, it's Apple's fault.

Jason Paris

Mar 6, 2021, 3:52:42 PM3/6/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
This was released on YouTube yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous…

Charles Provencher

Mar 12, 2021, 10:24:12 AM3/12/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Nice to see some movement on here!

I volunteered at my old college radio station, got talked into starting the show up again.
Been at it since 2017.......there's truly tons of good music out there, including a very good scene in Indonesia of all places.

https://www.mixcloud.com/indieshop/
The Indieshop is on Mixcloud. Listen for free to their radio shows, DJ mix sets and Podcasts

Charles

Mar 12, 2021, 10:35:14 AM3/12/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Should add we've had some really cool guest djs during covid, including The Very Most, The Just Joans, Bubblegum Lemonade, Chemtrails (next week) and Heavenly, who recorded a full show on zoom and shared some hilarious stories about stalking, etc.

Charles

https://www.mixcloud.com/indieshop/

Mar 12, 2021, 10:58:45 AM3/12/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Listening now. Fantastic show!

Sent from Jason Paris' iPhone Xs

SevenKAK

Mar 15, 2021, 9:46:02 AM3/15/21
to Excellent Online
i'll second that. great show--thx for the heads up!

Charles Provencher

Dec 31, 2021, 10:52:23 AM12/31/21
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Just a little update and wishes for a Happy New Year.

The Indieshop just released its list of favorites for the past year called the 2021 Earworms.  You can hear it at the below link, and a spotify playlist will be released in the next month with an additional 100+ songs from the year!

https://www.mixcloud.com/indieshop/indieshop-2021-12-28-210-2021-earworms/

Charles
Here it is, our loose list of favorites from 2021 known as the 2021 Earworms. A special thanks to all the artists we’ve featured, those that joined us as Guest DJs and/or submitted music. This includes a third hour not featured on the original , with current and future indie classics from Ducks Ltd Wet Leg Communions Pastel Tape Waves TheCatherines The Umbrellas Goat Girl dunkie Chime School ...