Timely: is the Christmas album the death knell of a band?

Joseph Whitcher

Oct 7, 2013, 4:38:17 PM10/7/13
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
Discuss.

Ajay Sharma

Oct 7, 2013, 4:56:42 PM10/7/13
to excellen...@googlegroups.com
I never chime in with Christmas music suggestions because I don't
think any of my favorite bands have ever released a Christmas album.
Individual tracks, sure, but never a whole album.

Do you have any examples?

--Ajay

> On Oct 7, 2013, at 1:38 PM, Joseph Whitcher <jos...@fac51.org> wrote:
>
> Discuss.

Joseph Whitcher

Oct 7, 2013, 5:33:18 PM10/7/13
to excellen...@googlegroups.com

For example, Erasure has one coming out. IMHO they've been on a very, very long decline but still, I saw that they were doing a Christmas album and I thought "Well, that's it. They're officially out of ideas." Tori Amos also made one.

I'm trying to think of others but a lot of the time it's pop acts who do them and I'm not so into mainstream pop.