ribbon c# to exe

Hagai David

Apr 11, 2022, 1:59:41 PM4/11/22
to Excel-DNA
Hi,
I prepared a ribbon and now I want run it for other user.
How do I make an installtion of my ribbon to other comupter ?
I tried track after this vidoe:
but its just an application, someone got a guide how to make it ?

Hagai David

Apr 11, 2022, 2:01:36 PM4/11/22
to Excel-DNA
P.S:
also tried send him the xll file- didn't work
ב-יום שני, 11 באפריל 2022 בשעה 20:59:41 UTC+3, ‪Hagai David‬‏ כתב/ה:
Message has been deleted

Hagai David

Apr 12, 2022, 2:44:39 PM4/12/22
to Excel-DNA
It seems he indiecate the idea of how doing it, but I'm the steps where I can find it (like where he telling his doing of turnning his project to .exe and then it built inside the Excel add-ins)
I be grateful if someone can point his finger  on it and much more if anyone found a vidoe
Thanks in advanced,
Hagai

ב-יום שני, 11 באפריל 2022 בשעה 21:01:36 UTC+3, ‪Hagai David‬‏ כתב/ה:

Govert van Drimmelen

Apr 13, 2022, 1:47:04 AM4/13/22
to exce...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hagai,

Can you explain what didn’t work when you sent him the xll file?

It might be that there are some .dll files in your output directory that are needed to run the add-in, and are not packed inside the ‘packed’ .xll file

One way to test if everything you need is packed inside the ‘packed’ .xll file is to copy it to an empty directory on your own machine.

That way you can run the add-in without it finding to extra .dll files in the same directory.

When you have the add-in working on your machine even when it is alone in a directory, then you can send it to someone else to test.

-Govert

Hagai David

Apr 13, 2022, 12:20:51 PM4/13/22
to Excel-DNA
Hello,

I moved the .xll file to other folder in my pc, I runned it and it opened the Ribbon anf the Buttons works correctly but the worksheet not apears...
In my friend pc which I sent him the .xll file it saying it not supporting altough I Unlocked the file- maybe it beacuse he using office 365  and i send him the x64 file ?

well, I want the install this addins in other computers and all users could have this addins.
Should i do it in this way of adding the .xll  manually to the excel or can I prepared .exe file ?
I saw in other chat of urs you suggested someone use WixInstaller https://github.com/Excel-DNA/WiXInstaller
Is it helpful for my case or it need other treatment ?
BTW my addin is  a Ribbon which  make actions and sending  it to the ExcelDnaRTD which  built with ur guidness.
how could i combine its for installtion for all the users and there is any different actions should i do for the different office versions ?

Thanks,
Hagai
ב-יום רביעי, 13 באפריל 2022 בשעה 08:47:04 UTC+3, Govert van Drimmelen כתב/ה:

Govert van Drimmelen

Apr 14, 2022, 5:53:17 PM4/14/22
to Excel-DNA
Hi Hagai,

For Office 365 as well as for the fixed versions like Excel 2019, there are 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Your add-in must match the 32-bit or 64-bit installation of Excel.
You can see the version of Excel that is installed by going to File -> Account -> About Excel - then you'll see the version and '32-bit' or '64-bit' at the top.
If you open the wrong version of the add-in, Excel shows a message like
"The file format and extension of 'abcdef.xll' don't match. The file could be corrupted or unsafe ...."

In your output directory there will be XXXX-AddIn-packed.xll and XXXX-AddIn64-packed.xll for 32-bit and 64-bit Excel respectively.
It's easiest to just redistribute these two .xll files.
They'll work with any Excel version, as long as you have the 32-bit / 64-bit right.

You can make an installer with the WiXInstaller, but that's quite hard, so I don't recommend it unless you really have to and can get someone to help you.
Anyway, you'll first have to check that the packed .xll files work correctly on their own for other machines before you make an installer.
So I'd suggest you start there.

-Govert