How to update system.diagnostics trace configuration for .NET Core?

Terry Aney

May 21, 2024, 12:58:32 PMMay 21
to Excel-DNA
I had this in .NET Framework implementation to disable warnings about registering functions when descriptions of functions/arguments were too long.

<system.diagnostics>
<sources>
<source name="ExcelDna.Integration" switchValue="Error" />
</sources>
</system.diagnostics>

I read the documentation and see 'something' is supposed to be set in environment vars/registry, but they look 'global' to me if I'm reading it right.  Is there a way just to force ExcelDna.Integration to ignore warnings?

Govert van Drimmelen

May 21, 2024, 9:17:14 PMMay 21
to Excel-DNA
You can set an environment variable called EXCELDNA_DIAGNOSTICS_SOURCE_LEVELto the value "Error" to set the source level for Excel-DNA messages.  Or you can set the corresponding registry entry.

It's 'global' in the sense that the setting applies to all add-ins.

-Govert