Custom Ribbon | open xlsm file from Shared path to the same Excel Instance

Ranjith Kaluvala

Aug 26, 2022, 1:38:41 AM8/26/22
to Excel-DNA
Hi

I created a custom ribbon UI. Clicking on the ribbon, I am interested in loading the xlsm file (created with prepopulated AddIn functions) into the same Excel Add-In instance and display all the data by calling the Add-In functions. Any suggestion is appreciated...

Kedar Kulkarni

Aug 30, 2022, 3:53:59 PM8/30/22
to Excel-DNA
The question is not clear to me or is too broad. Can you let us know what all things you have tried.

Did you try creating an addin?
What is the current behavior of your code and what is the expected behavior for ribbon button click?
share your code snippet

in excel - excel would open each workbook in its own window from office 2013+ so you might think that a new instance of excel has opened but it is the same instance of excel (check process in task manager and there should be only one excel process in details window)  https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/blog/2013/02/07/open-excel-workbooks-in-separate-windows-and-view-them-side-by-side/