Unwanted 'COM' Add-In

Terry Aney

Jul 4, 2024, 3:00:49 PMJul 4
to Excel-DNA
After going to Tools Add Ins, and clicking on 'Go...' for 'Excel Add-ins', I was given the prompt below where I navigated to my .xll file.

Screenshot 2024-07-04 135638.png

After going back to 'Excel Add-ins', I see two entries, on for Excel and one for COM:

Screenshot 2024-07-04 135624.png

Here is my *.csproj file.  What do I have to do to prevent the 'COM' add-in from being created?

Screenshot 2024-07-04 140022.png

Govert van Drimmelen

Jul 5, 2024, 3:13:29 AMJul 5
to exce...@googlegroups.com

Hi Terry,

The second COM add-in that you see is created by Excel-DNA to support the ribbon functionality.

It you have no ribbon, it should not be created.

I don’t know how to implement the ribbon loading without it.

-Govert

After going to Tools Add Ins, and clicking on 'Go...' for 'Excel Add-ins', I was given the prompt below where I navigated to my .xll file.

After going back to 'Excel Add-ins', I see two entries, on for Excel and one for COM:

Here is my *.csproj file.  What do I have to do to prevent the 'COM' add-in from being created?

image001.png
image002.png
image003.png

Terry Aney

Jul 5, 2024, 12:39:16 PMJul 5
to Excel-DNA
OK, I thought it was something I was doing wrong (supporting unneeded COM activation support from Excel VBA or something).  Thanks.