@ Sign in Office 365

Nadeem Akhtar

May 20, 2021, 10:41:50 AM5/20/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi,

I developed an Excel Add-In using Excel-DNA that created different UDFs that fetch data from API and display it in Excel. Everything was working fine before Excel 365. I have noticed that my UDFs are preceded by =@  however I didn't put it there and now UDFs are not working. They work fine if I manually remove @ sign.

Regards,

Govert van Drimmelen

May 20, 2021, 1:14:08 PM5/20/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nadeem

This is a compatibility feature of Excel to deal with the new Dynamic Arrays.

 The @ gets added to your formula in two cases:

* When opening a sheet that was saved in a pre-Dynamic Arrays version of Excel. This is for compatibility as discussed in the article linked above.
* When setting the formula of a cell through the COM interface property Range.Formula. For this case you should instead use the new Range.Formula2 property to set the formula. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/excel/concepts/cells-and-ranges/range-formula-vs-formula2

-Govert

Nadeem Akhtar

May 25, 2021, 11:16:04 AM5/25/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi Govert,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel interop version 15.0.0.0 and Range does not contain the property Formula2.

Range only has Formula as property.

Do I need to upgrade the interop assembly to the latest one to access Formula2 property?

Regards,
Nadeem Akhtar

Nadeem Akhtar

May 25, 2021, 11:57:36 AM5/25/21
to Excel-DNA
HI Govert,

Following are the properties that I can access from Range object.

Formula.png