Using a Separate .xll.config Does not Override Packed Version

Tom Baxter

Sep 20, 2021, 11:23:41 AM9/20/21
to Excel-DNA
Hello,

I was reading this page where it indicates, "At runtime, if a .xll.config file is present, it will be used. Otherwise the packed .config file will be used as the configuration for for the add-in’s AppDomain."

I am not finding this to be true. Instead, the packed .config is always being used and the settings in the stand-alone .config file are ignored.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Tom

Govert van Drimmelen

Sep 20, 2021, 12:21:28 PM9/20/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com

HI Tom,

It should work like that, but you have to be careful with the name.

If the add-in is called MyAddIn.xll then you need MyAddIn.xll.config, similarly

MyAddIn64-packed.xll needs MyAddIn64-packed.xll.config.

-Govert

Tom Baxter

Sep 22, 2021, 4:11:46 PM9/22/21
to Excel-DNA
Yes, correct. I was wrong. It does, in fact, work just fine.

Thanks