ML.net in Excel DNA

Randy Ross

Jun 23, 2021, 2:54:47 PM6/23/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi all,

Has anyone had any success at using ML.net in Excel DNA? I have run into a problem with ML.net using an unmanaged dll. I have tried a bunch of solutions but so far I can't get it to work.

My current direction is to add the files as resources and then unpack them to a temp directory. This seems to be in line with:

and

But I can't seem to make it work. I'm hoping someone here has and might give me a pointer or rough piece of code to use.

Thanks,
Randy

Govert van Drimmelen

Jun 27, 2021, 9:35:04 AM6/27/21
to Excel-DNA
Excel-DNA is now registered on GitHub Sponsors.
You can add Excel-DNA support with easy billing through a corporate GitHub account.

Hi Randy,

I've not tried to make an add-in using ML.NET myself, but I think it would be a great library to make work in Excel.

Are you calling the LoadLibrary yourself after unpacking to the temp directory, and before trying to use the native or mixed ML.NET libraries?

It would help if you could make a simple add-in project that tried to use ML.NET and put this on GitHub.
Then we can fiddle at it together to see if we can make it work as a nice example.

-Govert