"HelloDna" Getting Started using .NET 6

Ricardo Gerbaudo

Sep 7, 2022, 7:10:24 PM9/7/22
to Excel-DNA
Dear developers,

I'm trying to follow the getting started "HelloDna" steps in the readme.txt created after running Install-Package ExcelDna.AddIn in the Nuget Package Console, but the HelloDna function is not being recognised by Excel when I run F5 to debug.

What I've done so far:
  1. Created new Class Library project targeting .NET.
  2. Installed ExcelDna.Addin Nuget package.
  3. Changed target framework to net6.0-windows in the .CSPROJ file.
  4. Created a new <PropertyGroup> with a <ExcelDnaAllowPackageReferenceProjectStyle> element, and set it to true in the .CSPROJ file.
  5. Created a new debug profile (executable) and set it to the Excel installation path.
  6. Created a new class with the sample C# function content.
  7. Hit F5 and prayed... but I just got Excel opened, without recognising the HelloDna function.
I also noticed that no .XLL file is being generated anywhere when I build or debug the project.

Any tips on what am I missing, or where should I look for a getting started using .NET 6?

Thanks.

Govert van Drimmelen

Sep 7, 2022, 9:46:34 PM9/7/22
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ricardo,

For .NET 6 you will have to install the pre-release version 1.6-rc1 of the ExcelDna.AddIn package.

-Govert

Ricardo Gerbaudo

Sep 7, 2022, 9:53:00 PM9/7/22
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, Govert! It's working like a charm now. 😊

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Excel-DNA" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/exceldna/CABCjBXPZd0LXTq2QYPO_oBu%2BZ9r8dcaPs3%3DevrycxMUT%2BuQc%2Bw%40mail.gmail.com.