Re: [ExcelDna] Abridged summary of exceldna@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 1 topic

Bart Duijndam

Jun 8, 2021, 8:15:58 AM6/8/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Greetings.

The way I implemented complex numbers is to return an array from each function returning complex values. The first column (or cell) contains the real value and the next, adjacent column (or cell) contains the imaginary value. Works really well...

Good luck.

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021, 01:36 , <exce...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
"Antonio Nakić-Alfirević" <ant...@querystorm.com>: Jun 07 05:06AM -0700

Excel now has support for rich data types, such as geography (or composite
data types returned from PowerQuery) which allows other cells to drill into
data in a cell that has a value of a complex ...more
Govert van Drimmelen <gov...@icon.co.za>: Jun 07 02:11PM +0200

Hi Antonio,

No - Excel does not support this for VBA or C API functions.

-Govert

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 2:07 PM Antonio Nakić-Alfirević <
...more
"Antonio Nakić-Alfirević" <ant...@querystorm.com>: Jun 07 03:06PM +0200

Ah, too bad. I expected that was probably the case, though.

Thanks for the info, Govert

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 2:11 PM Govert van Drimmelen <gov...@icon.co.za>
wrote:

...more
Joe Bourne <joe.b...@gmail.com>: Jun 07 02:42PM +0100

What I do is have the worksheet function return an ID that's the dictionary
key of a C# object.
Other worksheet functions can use this ID to retrieve the C# object from
the internal dictionary and ...more