Excel take longer to execute after each run

Đậu Đình Hùng

Oct 21, 2022, 4:36:57 AM10/21/22
to Excel-DNA
I got an error with my DNA addin.
If I run the code more than once, my code will take longer to execute after each run.
I freed the variables of the object type by assigning null values ​​to it.
But the situation is still not improving.
If I close the workbook and then reopen it, the execution speed is fast again.
Can someone tell me the cause and a good solution?
Thank you.

Govert van Drimmelen

Oct 21, 2022, 7:19:57 AM10/21/22
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Can you make a small, self-contained example that shows the problem?
Then I could try to see what is happening.

-Govery

AE

Nov 22, 2022, 6:54:05 PM11/22/22
to Excel-DNA
I am also seeing similar behaviour in my application. This is not consistent. Sometimes a worksheet may take 10 seconds to refresh, but with each consequent refresh it takes a few seconds longer. So after 10 refreshes, the sheet may take over 30 seconds to refresh.