intellisense question/issue

Onn

Jul 22, 2021, 3:05:50 PM7/22/21
to Excel-DNA
hi

I am trying to add intellisense to my functions.
In ExcelFunction I set the Description attribute but don't see the description in Excel.

Is setting the Description attribute the way to achieve this? Am I missing something?

Onn

Govert van Drimmelen

Jul 22, 2021, 3:51:22 PM7/22/21
to Excel-DNA
If you find Excel-DNA useful, you can now make a monthly contribution through GitHub Sponsors.
This allows easy billing through a corporate GitHub account, and includes direct support for higher tiers.

Hi Onn,

Either the ExcelFunction attribute or the Description attribute can be used to add a description for your function. You can confirm that the description is picked up by opening the "Function Arguments" dialog (from the fx button when entering a formula), and you'll see the registered description there.

For the additional in-sheet IntelliSense support, you either need to install the Excel-DNA IntelliSense add-in from here:  Releases · Excel-DNA/IntelliSense (github.com)
or you must reference the ExcelDna.IntelliSense library from youir add-in, and load it with a call to IntelliSenseServer.Install() in your add-in's AutoOpen handler.

If you're trying these and it's still not working

-Govert

onn

Jul 22, 2021, 5:33:38 PM7/22/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, this makes sense and I can see what you mean. I will try the ExcellDna.Intellisense library with the documentation on git and follow up here with any questions.

Thanks!