Display popup message over a workbook while it's recalculating

AE

Jan 22, 2023, 6:42:43 PM1/22/23
to Excel-DNA
Hi all. I would like to display a popup message over a workbook while the user is waiting for it to recalculate. For example, the user clicks  "Recalc" button on the ribbon, Excel starts refreshing and while it is doing so I want to display an overlay message saying that the data is being loaded. Once the refresh is done, the popup should disappear.
Thanks!

Kedar Kulkarni

Jan 24, 2023, 3:47:36 PM1/24/23
to Excel-DNA
we have aftercalculate event below- you may be able to use these to determine if the calculation is completed. However it could become tricky if there are asynchronous formulas or RTD as excel could fire aftercalculate multiple times when any cell changes and may fire too early or too late for your process so use with caution. Try just showing a statusbar message first and then go for a non modal dialog.

AE

Feb 7, 2023, 6:57:11 PM2/7/23
to Excel-DNA
Thanks, Kedar.