ProgID of COM Ribbon

Guido De Bouver

Dec 15, 2016, 10:04:27 AM12/15/16
to Excel-DNA
hello Excel-DNA,

I understand the Excel-DNA Ribbon dynamically adds a COM AddIn.
One my clients needs to know the associated ProgID ?
Is this fixed ? HJow can I find this ?

Thanks for your much appreciated suggestions.

guido

Govert van Drimmelen

Dec 15, 2016, 10:40:28 AM12/15/16
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guido,

The default ProgId is the FullName of the class (namespace.typename).
You can also explicitly assign a ProgId to the ExcelRibbon-derived class by adding a [ProgId] attribute.

There is also a mechanism in the xml to specify a namespace that is shared between ribbon elements. See the SharedGroup1.dna / SharedGroup2.dna pair in the Samples here: https://github.com/Excel-DNA/ExcelDna/tree/master/Distribution/Samples/Ribbon

Basically you set an xml namespace (myNameSpace) and then use the idQ attribute to name your ribbon elements. The namespace and idQ pair can then be shared between different add-ins to e.g. put extensions onto the same tab.

-Govert