Build Problem

Emre Sivrihisarli

May 31, 2021, 4:30:27 AM5/31/21
to Excel-DNA
I have recently run into this problem: after I update my code and press build release, I can work with the new UDF on the excel sheet that automatically launches.
Bu the problem is: once I relaunch excel, I don't have access to my new UDF. I double checked and the addin file that is in the Microsoft/Addin folder is the most recent version of the packed file.

Any need will be greatly appreciated.

EMre

Govert van Drimmelen

May 31, 2021, 7:06:46 AM5/31/21
to exce...@googlegroups.com
Excel-DNA is now registered on GitHub Sponsors.
The 'Team' sponsorship tier lets you arrange a monthly direct support session.

Hi Emre,

Does the packed file that you get in the output directory work when placed in a directory on its own?
If not, you might add the other files from the output directory one at a time, to figure out what file is missing and might need to be added to the .dna file for packing.

-Govert

Emre Sivrihisarli

Jun 4, 2021, 11:45:37 AM6/4/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi Govert,

Thank you very much for getting back to me on this. At long last, I figured out the problem: for some reason the Excel add-in was referring to the wrong packed file. I turned off the add-in, cleared the registry and pointed to the correct packed file and everything seems to be back to normal. I suspect it has something to do with the latest VS update. Coincidentally this problem started after the update.

emre