Request for Assistance with Implementing Local Log File Setup in Excel Add-In

Sham Khole

Jun 25, 2024, 6:21:11 AMJun 25
to Excel-DNA
I am currently working on an Excel add-in project integrated with Excel DNA (.net , c#), which I am preparing for distribution to end users. As part of this process, I am looking to implement a local log file setup to aid in troubleshooting and debugging potential issues that users may encounter.
Specifically, I aim to create a log file that will be generated locally on the user's machine ,so how we can achieve this in excel add in

Govert van Drimmelen

Jun 25, 2024, 6:24:02 AMJun 25
to exce...@googlegroups.com

What .NET runtime version are you targeting?

-Govert

Sham Khole

Jun 25, 2024, 9:20:48 AMJun 25
to Excel-DNA

Regarding the .NET runtime version for our Excel add-in project, we are currently targeting [.NET Framework 4.7.2].

Govert van Drimmelen

Jun 25, 2024, 10:41:04 AMJun 25
to exce...@googlegroups.com

For .NET Framework you can use the logging configuration guidance from here:

Diagnostic-Logging | Excel-DNA