RTD Functions and Excel Calculation Mode

Jake

Mar 19, 2023, 5:36:32 AM3/19/23
to Excel-DNA
I've seen when running the RTD function dnaRtdClock_IExcelObservable in RtdClocks/RtdClock-IExcelObservable that the function does does not update when Excel calculation model is manual, unless F9 (Excel calculate) is pressed. When Excel calculation mode is automatic the function updates as expected.

I there a way to make ExcelDna RTD functions do RTD updates automatically when Excel calculation mode is manual?

Kedar Kulkarni

Mar 22, 2023, 6:02:15 PM3/22/23
to Excel-DNA
I dont think it is possible. Excel calculation mode needs to be automatic and then only excel callback is called when a new value is available. Otherwise you will have to call, range.calculate again and again (not sure if that even works).