Unregister xll error

Iustin Targovet

Dec 13, 2021, 8:03:33 AM12/13/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi all!

I'm getting this stack trace when trying to unregister an xll and was wondering if there are some well known issues I should have a look at:

>>Thread was being aborted<< (exception message)
 at System.Exception.InternalPreserveStackTrace()
   at ExcelDna.Loader.XlCallImpl.TryExcelImpl12(Int32 xlFunction, Object& result, Object[] parameters)
   at ExcelDna.Loader.XlCallImpl.TryExcelImpl(Int32 xlFunction, Object& result, Object[] parameters)
   at ExcelDna.Integration.ExcelIntegration.TryExcelImpl(Int32 xlFunction, Object& result, Object[] parameters)
   at ExcelDna.Integration.XlCall.TryExcel(Int32 xlFunction, Object& result, Object[] parameters)
   at ExcelDna.Integration.XlCall.Excel(Int32 xlFunction, Object[] parameters)
   at ExcelDna.Integration.ExcelIntegration.UnregisterXLL(String xllPath)
   at MasterSlave.SlaveDriver.UnregisterSlave()

Govert van Drimmelen

Dec 13, 2021, 5:48:24 PM12/13/21
to Excel-DNA
Excel-DNA is now registered on GitHub Sponsors.
Your monthly contribution helps the project thrive.

Unloading is not supported very well, and I think it does not work when you use any of the COM features like a Ribbon extension or an RTD server (or any of the async features that use an RTD server).

However, I think that sample used to work, so I'll have to have a look at what is going on, and whether I also see the error you see.

-Govert