Accidental post of 1.5.1 to NuGet?

bpie...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2021, 8:12:48 AM12/30/21
to Excel-DNA
I tried to upgrade to 1.5.1 from 1.5.1-rc3 and noticed that it was the deprecated Excel-DNA package that was updated to 1.5.1 8 days ago. ExcelDna.AddIn is still on 1.5.1-rc3 though others are 1.5.1 (.Integration, .IntelliSense and .Registration). If I try to upgrade just those 3 I receive a compile error about them not being compatible with ExcelDna.AddIn 1.5.1-rc3.

Govert van Drimmelen

Dec 30, 2021, 5:25:28 PM12/30/21
to Excel-DNA
Hi Brian,

I pushed a version 1.5.1 of ExcelDna.AddIn to NuGet on the same day.
But it got stuck in 'Validating' on NuGet and only seems to have been released now.
Perhaps the anti-virus issues got it flagged in NuGet somehow.

I hope to make a new update in the next few days that might avoid the anti-virus issues a bit better.

-Govert

bpie...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2022, 8:24:21 AMJan 2
to Excel-DNA
Thanks Govert, and Happy New Year!

Carter Reynolds

Jan 10, 2022, 2:02:42 PMJan 10
to Excel-DNA
Hi Govert,

Any update on this update aiming to avoid the anti-virus issues? Timing/confidence it will fix? That would be incredible if it helped eliminate those issues.

Best,
Carter

Govert van Drimmelen

Jan 10, 2022, 2:49:00 PMJan 10
to Excel-DNA
Hi Carter,

Sorry for overpromising and not getting further yet.
My plan is just to encode the embedded resources - that seemed to avoid most of the anti-virus complaints.
But when I got to the native code I got frustrated.
I'll give it another go over the weekend.

-Govert

Carter Reynolds

Jan 10, 2022, 3:52:12 PMJan 10
to Excel-DNA
No problem, thanks for the update and the hard work Govert!