Calculate formulas when workbook reopened

Kedar Kulkarni

Nov 15, 2022, 12:45:13 PM11/15/22
to Excel-DNA
Hi Govert/All,

As per my understanding, By design excel won't trigger functions calculation on the workbook reopen unless the functions are defined as volatile / precedents are volatile. (in context of excle dna xll addin only.)

I see one of the comments from Govert in the previous thread https://groups.google.com/g/exceldna/c/xGXD5ygS3oU/m/obYDneUEBQAJ
"Your function will recalculate when the workbook opens if there are ‘live’ RTD functions when it was saved".

Do we have any examples of this? I have previously tried something to get a 'recalculate on open' behavior but am unsure if what I encountered was a 'live' RTD function. As I remember if I don't call observer.OnCompleted() in the below example link then the function seems to calculate when we reopen the workbook.

So is the above a good  example of 'live' RTD function or if anyone can share an example?

thanks a lot
Kedar