json API to excel (array)

Az

Sep 9, 2014, 4:05:06 AM9/9/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm quite new to json and VBA..

At the moment, I'm trying to obtain the data from this API (http://api.guildwars2.com/v2/commerce/listings/19721), where the number is the ID.
I'm currently only interested in the first data on the list.

ID  |  Buy listings | Buy Price | Buy quantity | Sell listings | Sell Price | Sell Quantity

I've tried looking into arrays and rest to excel library but I'm lost on what to do.

Thank you,
Az

Bruce Mcpherson

Sep 9, 2014, 4:18:20 AM9/9/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
what have you tried ? are you having general problems getting started or specific problem lining up the buys and sells on the same table?

Message has been deleted

Az

Sep 9, 2014, 8:52:05 PM9/9/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm having general problems getting started.

I've been using the downloaded cDataSet.xlsm as an example. From what I understand, this is what convert json into a readable format by excel. I used the examples to understand generally on how it works (isbn, imdb by title).

However, I'm currently unable to figure out how to populate excel by skipping the "id: xx", selecting the first data on the array from buys and sell and print them out on separate column.

Thanks,
Az

Bruce Mcpherson

Sep 10, 2014, 4:42:48 PM9/10/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
ok .. i'll post something tomorrow to show you how..

Bruce Mcpherson

Sep 15, 2014, 7:49:26 AM9/15/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Create a sheet called guild with these headings .. you can see the beginning of the result below. note that you must have a blank column between the buys and sells - this is because they both need to have the same column heading which is not allowed in the same table

id listings unit_price quantity listings unit_price quantity
19721 1056 1 8990 1 4214 12
19721 1 2 25 1 4230 2
19721 1 4 25 1 4397 11
19721 3 5 521 2 4398 5
19721 1 7 100 3 4414 348
19721 1 8 1 7 4415 781

The code is very straughtforward .. just a few lines. If you need to append other queries for other ids, you can just set the append argument to true

Private Function guild()

    With restQuery("guild", , "19721", , "https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/commerce/listings/", "buys", , , , , , , , , , "id")
        With restQuery("guild!f1", , , , "foo", "sells", , , , , True, .response)
            .tearDown
        End With
        .tearDown
    End With

End Function

Az

Sep 18, 2014, 5:49:13 AM9/18/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
That worked very well. Thank you very much!