Parse JSON into Array in VBA

.René Teinze

Jul 28, 2013, 11:08:54 AM7/28/13
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Is it possible to get an array from a JSON-String to use in VBA? Like in PHP or Javascript.

I don't need it in Excel but I need to use the data in VBA.

Thanks a lot.
René

Bruce McPherson

Jul 28, 2013, 2:49:40 PM7/28/13
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes.. What does your data look like and what do you want to do with it ?

Sent from my iPad

ech...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2013, 11:52:10 PM8/19/13
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
I have been looking for this answer for long time and since I'm not a programmer and http://www.mcpher.com is so hard to read, lots of hyperlinks on every sentence I have no clue where to go. Hopefully someone can give example to let me to follow.
This is the link data I'm interested in:

Thanks,

Bruce Mcpherson

Aug 20, 2013, 5:29:04 AM8/20/13
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
This site is really for VBA developers, although implementing something like this is rather straightforward.

your proc is

Public Sub testSina()
    generalQuery("sina", "sina", _
        InputBox("Enter stock symbol")).tearDown
End Sub

your library entry is

        With .add("sina")
            .add "restType", erRestType.erSingleQuery
            .add "results", ""
            .add "treeSearch", True
            .add "ignore", vbNullString
        End With

If you download the latest cdataset.xlsm, you'll find it implemented in the last tab (called sina)

bruce