ChordSnip 'Insert' not working?

mpe...@kippla.org

Dec 18, 2018, 11:59:54 AM12/18/18
to Excel Liberation
Hi - I'm using Chrome v.71 and when I'm using the 'ChromSnip' add-on the 'insert' function isn't working.  It shows me the preview of the chordsnip chart but doesn't insert it into the google sheet.  Any helps would be appreciated, thanks!

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 18, 2018, 12:10:07 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
One or two people have reported this but I haven't been able to replicate it. Can you go into Developer tools and see if there are any errors reported. (Apps script generates a few anyway)

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 16:59, <mpe...@kippla.org> wrote:
Hi - I'm using Chrome v.71 and when I'm using the 'ChromSnip' add-on the 'insert' function isn't working.  It shows me the preview of the chordsnip chart but doesn't insert it into the google sheet.  Any helps would be appreciated, thanks!

Matthew Peskay

Dec 18, 2018, 12:22:01 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Nothing happens specifically when I click the 'Insert' button but when I launch the tool itself from the add-ons window here's the chain of events in Chrome dev tools:
---

Net state changed from BUSY to IDLE
VM1442 1616017723-warden_bin_i18n_warden.js:55 Net state changed from IDLE to BUSY
[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 42ms
[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 34ms
iframedAppPanel:11 Unrecognized feature: 'vibrate'.
userCodeAppPanel:2 Unrecognized feature: 'vibrate'.
4047396129-mae_html_user_bin_i18n_mae_html_user.js:88 [Violation] Avoid using document.write().
bg @ 4047396129-mae_html_user_bin_i18n_mae_html_user.js:88
(anonymous) @ 4047396129-mae_html_user_bin_i18n_mae_html_user.js:6
sd @ 4047396129-mae_html_user_bin_i18n_mae_html_user.js:34
od @ 4047396129-mae_html_user_bin_i18n_mae_html_user.js:35
b @ 4047396129-mae_html_user_bin_i18n_mae_html_user.js:31
1616017723-warden_bin_i18n_warden.js:194 Mo {message: "There was an error during the transport or process…this request. Error code = 10, Path = /wardeninit", name: "TransportError", stack: "TransportError: There was an error during the tran…/js/1616017723-warden_bin_i18n_warden.js:178:252)"}
1616017723-warden_bin_i18n_warden.js:55 Net state changed from IDLE to BUSY
1616017723-warden_bin_i18n_warden.js:55 Net state changed from BUSY to IDLE
----

All my best,

Matthew

--

Matthew A. Peskay
Chief of Innovation, Technology & Operations

mpe...@kippla.org | www.kippla.org

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Excel Liberation" group.

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 18, 2018, 12:55:41 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried the demo viz .. does it go?
I noticed that you are part of an organization so I guess its possibe that there's some kind of lockdown. One of my GDE colleagues is admin of an edu org,so I'll ask him if he's come across it.

Matthew Peskay

Dec 18, 2018, 1:22:23 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
More context for you:
I tried with my non-edu account (regular Gmail) and I still was unable to 'insert' the Chord chart.

I also installed 'SankeySnip' and I AM able to insert the Sankey chart from that tool in both my edu and public google account.  However, the ChromSnip insert does not work in either.

All my best,

Matthew

--

Matthew A. Peskay
Chief of Innovation, Technology & Operations
3601 East 1st Street | Los Angeles, CA 90063

mpe...@kippla.org | www.kippla.org

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 18, 2018, 1:41:07 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - they both use the exact same technique for inserting images.
and the demo chord diagram?

Matthew Peskay

Dec 18, 2018, 1:45:43 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
no the demo one doesn't insert either.

All my best,

Matthew

--

Matthew A. Peskay
Chief of Innovation, Technology & Operations
3601 East 1st Street | Los Angeles, CA 90063

mpe...@kippla.org | www.kippla.org

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 18, 2018, 1:55:05 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
ok .. thanks .. im kindof stumped...

Matthew Peskay

Dec 18, 2018, 2:15:50 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
just for fun I tried in Safari also and got the same results.

All my best,

Matthew

--

Matthew A. Peskay
Chief of Innovation, Technology & Operations
3601 East 1st Street | Los Angeles, CA 90063

mpe...@kippla.org | www.kippla.org

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 18, 2018, 2:45:23 PM12/18/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks .. I’ll see if I can figure something out.

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 20, 2018, 10:16:47 AM12/20/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthew - yes Im getting this problem too. There must have been some kind of change in the sheets api recently as the add-on was published quite some time ago. I'll see what I can find out. Thanks for bringing to my attention.
bruce

Matthew Peskay

Dec 20, 2018, 11:11:35 AM12/20/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for engaging, please let me know if you make any progress.  Happy Holidays!

All my best,

Matthew

--

Matthew A. Peskay
Chief of Innovation, Technology & Operations
3601 East 1st Street | Los Angeles, CA 90063

mpe...@kippla.org | www.kippla.org

Bruce Mcpherson

Dec 21, 2018, 4:45:59 AM12/21/18
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
So it looks like the sandbox in which add-ons runs is blocking some canvas operations which is the heck I use to grab the image contents. I'm stumped as to why Sankey snip works and this doesn't. They are exactly the same.
Anyway, time for the holidays. Will take another look later.
Cheers
Bruce

larspet...@gmail.com

May 16, 2019, 8:14:48 AM5/16/19
to Excel Liberation
Hi!

Any news about this? I have the same problem.

Peter
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to excel-r...@googlegroups.com.