Bing or Google Map in Excel - Customize

al syntax

Jun 6, 2014, 1:12:20 PM6/6/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com
I came across the Bing Map app in Excel 2013 and see how this can be very useful. That app specifically is limited in what you can display for each plotted item.

I'd like to create a map (Google or Bing based), that can plot multiple points (lat/long), and plot values associated with each location, and display additional info if selected.

How might this be possible? It's my understanding the map may just be an embedded webpage built using javascript? How can you get it to read the spreadsheet data to know what to plot?

Perhaps someone can send me in the right direction. Thanks for your help

bruce

Jun 16, 2014, 1:04:09 PM6/16/14
to excel-r...@googlegroups.com