User Form for Data Entry with few Automations

Pravin Gunjal

May 27, 2014, 6:27:28 AM5/27/14
to excel-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Greetings!

I have an excel file in which I need to have an user form which contains the following data:

Heading

Data Entry

Product Name

By typing any short letter then match value should displayed there in list from sheet: "Products"

Code

It must come automatically from sheet: "Products", based on the above selection

Quantity

Manual Entry

Batch

Manual Entry

Reference

Manual Entry

The entered data as per the above method would picked up in second sheet (GRRN Entry) from column A4 to E4 and so on..  The file is attached fore reference.

Please help.

Regards
Pravin Gunjal
GRRN.xls

Abhishek Jain

May 27, 2014, 6:44:31 AM5/27/14
to MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS, Pravin Gunjal
If it doesn't necessarily have to be an userform, you can try the attached.

Let me know if you need anything further in this.

Regards, Abhishek

--
Are you =EXP(E:RT) or =NOT(EXP(E:RT)) in Excel? And do you wanna be? It’s =TIME(2,DO:IT,N:OW) ! Join official Facebook page of this forum @ https://www.facebook.com/discussexcel

FORUM RULES

1) Use concise, accurate thread titles. Poor thread titles, like Please Help, Urgent, Need Help, Formula Problem, Code Problem, and Need Advice will not get quick attention or may not be answered.
5) Jobs posting is not allowed.

NOTE : Don't ever post confidential data in a workbook. Forum owners and members are not responsible for any loss.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/excel-macros.

GRRN.xls

Pravin Gunjal

May 27, 2014, 6:49:50 AM5/27/14
to excel-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Abhishek Jee,

It is really a very very helpful for me.
Thanks a ton!

Regards
Pravin Gunjal.
GRRN.xls

Abhishek Jain

May 27, 2014, 6:51:59 AM5/27/14
to MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Happy to help :)

Prafull Jadhav

May 27, 2014, 7:35:05 AM5/27/14
to excel-...@googlegroups.com
Abhishek Sir,
Again you proved that you are Master......!

Regards,
Prafull Jadhav
9920553518

Abhishek Jain

May 27, 2014, 8:05:57 AM5/27/14
to MS EXCEL AND VBA MACROS
Master of search and tell, maybe. :) I never wrote a single line of code myself as I don't know how to.

Cheers to original coders!

Regards,

Vaibhav Joshi

May 28, 2014, 7:16:52 AM5/28/14
to excel-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pravin,

This is for you.

Cheers!!

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Pravin Gunjal <isk...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
Pravin_GRRN.xls

Paul I

Feb 8, 2015, 8:51:43 AM2/8/15
to excel-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vabs,

The beauty of the method in the above linked is that it does not matter if the string you have started typing is part of the second, first, or any word, it will find that string.

So, if i have a list with the following

Apples
Oranges
Aardvarks
Ants
Leopards
Pebbles

And i then start typing the string "LE" the above linked will return: appLEs, LEopards, pebbLEs whereas your method will only return LEopards.

For my own searches this is important as i am using it to look up a list of wine makers, which some people often enter different (i.e. Domaine Paul Isgreat, Dom. Paul Isgreat, Paul Isgreat, Domaine Isgreat) so the safest bet is to type "ISGREAT" and then see what pops up in the combobox.

I wish there was a way to get the linked combobox into an excel form though... It only seems to accept non-ActiveX controls?

Vaibhav Joshi

Feb 8, 2015, 12:03:29 PM2/8/15
to excel-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul J Irwin,

Solution given is based on then requirement...

Yes you can have search box in forms too....

Check this attachment...

Cheers!!

--
Dynamic Search Box.xls