No icon for "Move to other view" menu option (right click on playlist tab)

Mark Skipper

Oct 7, 2014, 5:19:58 PM10/7/14
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
I've got 3.4.1 from source running on Ubuntu.
Everything seems to work okay, but he "Move to other view" menu item (right click on playlist tab) appears to have no icon, I see a dark rectangle with the red warning sign which I think is not the right icon.

Is this expected?

Dustin Spicuzza

Oct 8, 2014, 7:46:53 PM10/8/14
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. On my system (Fedora 20), there is no icon whatsoever.

Certainly not intended, but not sure what it should be. We're not specifying an icon to be shown there (xlgui/playlist_container.py:518).

Dustin

Mark Skipper

Mar 20, 2015, 12:25:44 PM3/20/15
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dustin

Apologies for long delay.

Interesting. On my system (Fedora 20), there is no icon whatsoever.

I guess I'm seeing the broken image icon:
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkImage.html#gtk-image-new-from-icon-name

I just spent a happy half hour trying to find out where gtk icons come from.
Still not sure I really understand.

Certainly not intended, but not sure what it should be. We're not specifying an icon to be shown there (xlgui/playlist_container.py:518).

I think I have seen an icon looking a bit like ⬍which would suffice and look better than nothing; but I have no idea how to find it now, or what its gtk name would be.

I'm up for trying to help fix thisbut not sure how to proceed. (Should I take this to the other mail-list or a github issue?)

Johannes Sasongko

Mar 20, 2015, 3:20:08 PM3/20/15
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
I've looked into this a bit more. Apparently the issue is that the code
specifies an empty string as the icon, causing the broken icon (it
should be None rather than empty string).

I've fixed it in the latest dev version (to be included in v3.4.5). Now
it doesn't have an icon, but that's ok.

Thanks,
Johannes

Mark Skipper

Mar 20, 2015, 5:53:41 PM3/20/15
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
Cool, I just pulled 003b8a2 and it now has no icon, which looks better.
(though I still think a vertical double-ended arrow would be cool)

Thanks!