"no suitable plugins found" message

Kate Jones

Nov 29, 2019, 2:06:12 AM11/29/19
to exaile-users
Heya all!

I used to use Exaile, had to switch to something else for a while because *edits out life story*, & just reinstalled Exaile, which I really prefer to any of the other music players I've tried. Alas, I'm getting "Playback error encountered! no suitable plugins found".

I'm running Linux Mint 18 MATE 64-bit. As recommended in the FAQ I've installed GStreamer 1.0 & every GStreamer 1.0 plugin I can find. (good, bad, ugly, tools, base ...) None of this has helped -- I'm still getting the same response. All of my music files are mp3s. I've restarted Exaile. I've restarted my laptop. I've kicked the cats off the desk.

Any other ideas? Help would be much appreciated. I need my tunes!

Many thanks.

Adam Olsen

Dec 2, 2019, 4:31:31 PM12/2/19
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
Those poor cats.

Sorry, I am unable to help. Hoping someone will chime in here. Maybe the gstreamer plugins are too old?

Dustin Spicuzza

Dec 3, 2019, 12:38:02 AM12/3/19
to exaile...@googlegroups.com, Kate Jones

Hey Kate,

Are you using Exaile 4.0 or an older version?

From the terminal, is `gst-play-1.0 /path/to/file` able to play your file? If not, neither will Exaile.

Dustin