gi branch merged to master

Johannes Sasongko

Dec 11, 2015, 2:10:54 AM12/11/15
to exaile...@googlegroups.com, exaile...@googlegroups.com
To anyone tracking Exaile's master branch, and to Exaile's translators:

We've just merged the gi branch, which uses the PyGObject 3 stack
instead of PyGTK. This results in new dependencies and new untranslated
strings.

To run Exaile after this update, you will need to install the new
dependencies. This includes Python 2.7, PyGObject 3, GTK+ 3 (>=3.10),
GStreamer 1 (>=1.4), and the GStreamer plugins. Make sure the
introspection (*.typelib) files for those libraries are also installed;
some OSes put them in separate packages.

Places to grab these dependencies:
* Windows: PyGI all-in-one installer
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pygobjectwin32/>.
* OS X: MacPorts or Homebrew (Fink doesn't seem to have them).

The translation template at Weblate has also been updated. Some of our
UI strings used to be translated automatically through GtkStock, but
GtkStock is now deprecated and therefore a lot of important strings
(e.g. "Open", "Close") are currently in need of translation.

Happy testing & translating,

Johannes

Mathias Brodala

Dec 11, 2015, 1:26:00 PM12/11/15
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Johannes Sasongko wrote on 11.12.2015 at 08:10:
> To run Exaile after this update, you will need to install the new
> dependencies. This includes Python 2.7, PyGObject 3, GTK+ 3 (>=3.10),
> GStreamer 1 (>=1.4), and the GStreamer plugins. Make sure the
> introspection (*.typelib) files for those libraries are also installed;
> some OSes put them in separate packages.

I also had to install the "python-gi-cairo" on Debian to fix the
following errors which accompanied a missing progress bar:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/.../xlgui/widgets/playback.py", line 418, in do_draw
> Gtk.ProgressBar.do_draw(self, context)
> KeyError: 'could not find foreign type Context'

Thanks for all the work!

Mathias

Dustin Spicuzza

Dec 11, 2015, 3:15:11 PM12/11/15
to exaile...@googlegroups.com
I think that's mostly reflected here... though, we should probably
specifically call out gi-cairo.

http://exaile.readthedocs.org/en/latest/user/deps.html

Dustin