Multi Process Best Practices

Josh

Feb 21, 2018, 8:47:54 PM2/21/18
to exabgp-users
What is the recommended method to have different groups each with their own process?    I saw some older posts but I wanted to use the recommended method for stability.

Thomas Mangin

Feb 27, 2018, 12:53:38 PM2/27/18
to exabgp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Josh,

As a python process, ExaBGP is bound by the computational power of a single core.
By specifying multiple configuration file on the command line, ExaBGP will fork one copy per file provided, which is similar but not as good for monitoring to launching it multiple times.
The code should prioritise enough KA handling. User feedback is that at over 1k peers you are asking for trouble, but under that level it really depend on UPDATE churn.

Thomas