Exabayes Time calibrated trees

Dylan Cohen

Oct 5, 2020, 12:25:56 PM10/5/20
to ExaBayes
Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to get time calibrated phylogeny with confidence intervals from exabayes output.

From my understanding, I think first all runs from exabayes would have to be combined into a single file. Next all of those trees would have to be dated with some program like(treePL or choronos). Then these trees would have to be summarized using the consense call or some software like tree annotator.

Has anyone tried this or know of a way to date outputs from exabayes?

Thanks,
Dylan

Alexandros Stamatakis

Oct 6, 2020, 4:04:51 AM10/6/20
to exab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dylan,

> I am wondering if there is a way to get time calibrated phylogeny with
> confidence intervals from exabayes output.
>
> From my understanding, I think first all runs from exabayes would have
> to be combined into a single file. Next all of those trees would have to
> be dated with some program like(treePL or choronos). Then these trees
> would have to be summarized using the consense call or some software
> like tree annotator.

Yes, that would be one way to go.

> Has anyone tried this or know of a way to date outputs from exabayes?

No, we (the developers) have not done this yet.

Alexis

--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

www.exelixis-lab.org