Observing the International Day of Peace 2020 [21 September 2020]

EWU Library

Sep 18, 2020, 4:13:39 PM9/18/20
to ewu_libra...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that in continuation of series of activities as part of the Birth Centenary celebration (Mujib Shoto Borsho) of Father of the Nation of Bangladesh, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the Department of Information Studies and Library Management in association with East West University Library is going to observe the International Day of Peace 2020. Widely known as the World Peace Day, declared by the UN General Assembly is celebrated annually on 21st September.

The 2020 theme for the International Day of Peace is “Shaping Peace Together.”

The department and EWU Library are going to observe this day virtually by spreading hope, compassion and kindness in the face of the pandemic through sharing peace messages from the youth. The students of East West University are welcomed to submit peace messages that will later be circulated on social media using hashtags of the United Nations. (#peaceday #UN75).

The Department in association with the EWU Library have been celebrating this day for the past few years and this time also we are looking forward to your kind participation. Your participation in observing this day will be deeply appreciated.

Please find attached herewith the guidelines and deadline for submitting peace messages.

Stay well and connected.

  --

EWU Library
East West University